100ml develops 30-100 35mm rolls, 6+ years shelf life.
- 500ml develops 150-500 35mm rolls, 6+ years shelf life.
Razor sharp and extremely fine grained - most ISO 100 films go grainless! Very long tonal range particularly in shadows and highlights.
- Protects the film by hardening the emulsion and the development time is the same, whether or not the negative is to be scanned, printed with conventional darkroom techniques , cyanotype or platinum.
Excellent Pyro developer, 100ml develops 30-100 35mm rolls, 6+ years shelf life
"510 Pyro is one of the Three Pyro Giants." - John Finch, Pictorial Planet
510 Pyro is one of the more modern pyro developers that was invented by the legendary Jay DeFehr, offering exceptional fine grain, sharpness, more than 6 years shelf life, maximum image stain and minimal general stain and suitable for rotary processors too.
By using extremely dilute working solutions - 1:100 to 1:500, this makes this developer also extremely economical!
Images kindly provided by;
Neil Legg: House, Landscape, Statue, Tree Close Up
Peter Langman: Portrait Image
1) Tanning and staining properties - extreme fine grain and high acutance: finer and sharper than Xtol; better scanning tonal range
2) Proportional staining colour property - easier darkroom prints and more pleasing alt prints. The inbuilt variable low contrast yellow filter for highlights and not affecting shadows allows more stops of dynamic range possible at grade 2 on VC paper compared to an identical negative of the same composition and lighting done with, for example, D76 1+1. Increased density for highlights for alt prints. Thus a negative triply optimised for the three different outputs, previously not possible.
3) 6+ year shelf life, high dilution (30 rolls minimum per 100ml), biodegradable
4) Times available for almost 50 films
5) Used by the Ilford Master Photographers, prominent alternative printers, labs and countless hobbyists
Testimonials of 510 Pyro can be found here:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.